The establishment of a Teaching and Learning Center at the University of Liberia is a major imperative to help faculty learn the concepts and methodologies of teaching and classroom management. This Teaching and Learning Center is established to formulate and facilitate programs intended to promote the culture of teaching excellence and quality learning at the University of Liberia as well as all other institutions of learning in the Republic of Liberia. The ultimate goal is to introduce a new paradigm of research and translational science to connect the faculties of all schools in the Republic of Liberia with the priorities of teaching.
The Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) is envisioned as a hope for change that will formulate and facilitate programs intended to promote the culture of teaching excellence and quality learning at the University of Liberia. The goal is to help introduce a new paradigm of research and translational science to connect faculty with the priorities of teaching while creating a platform that will facilitate the orientation of newly recruited faculty members to teaching excellence
Goals and Collective Missions:
- Developing 21st-century skills using information and communication technology(ICT),
- Teaching assessment and ICT digital content for schools to improve teaching quality;
- Creating a teaching community in which teaching excellence is acknowledged and valued as a creative intellectual work;
- Supporting teacher professional learning and teaching practices based on integrity and teaching excellence; and the appreciation of student-centered pedagogies;
- Pursuing the development of teacher leadership, teaching excellence, planning, and research as a hallmark of the delivery of quality education; and
- Supporting student learning through tutoring and the provision of globally competitive academic skills.